The day has come when all of your comfort food dreams have come true. This dish combines iconic, indulgent pepperoni pizza with creamy, comforting mac and cheese. And it's all vegan of course! The recipe even includes how to make your own stretchy, authentic-tasting mozzarella "cheese" using tapioca starch and just 4 other ingredients.
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta With Homemade Mozzarella [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pasta:
- 4 ounces dry pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
- Slices of vegan pepperoni or vegan sausage
- Marinara sauce
For the Tapioca Mozzarella Cheese:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup water or plain almond milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon or lime juice
- Soak cashews overnight.
- Drain cashews and all mozzarella ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a pot on medium or medium-high. Keep mixing but once it thickens turn off heat. This could get clumpy or take a couple forms before being smooth and stretchy.
- Add pasta sauce on top of cooked pasta. Add your vegan tapioca cheese on top of pasta sauce then add vegan pepperoni.