This delicious holiday cake is both moist and full of flavor! The bold peppermint flavor conjures feelings of the holidays, while the subtle hint of coffee keeps it from being too sweet. This is the perfect complement to a hot cup of tea or coffee on a cold winter day.
Peppermint Mocha Crumb Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peppermint Mocha Crumb Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
How to Prepare Peppermint Mocha Crumb Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish/cake pan.
- To make the cake, whisk the milk, vegan mayonnaise, coffee, and vinegar together in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, stevia, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the milk mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the crumble, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and peppermint. Add the melted vegan butter and use your hands to thoroughly work it into the dry ingredients. Spoon on top of the batter, covering the entire area.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it cool slightly, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.