When talking about cashew cheese, it's habit to assume that it will be of a savory variety. However, sweet cashew cheese can also be delicious! This pear cashew cheese, for example, is a tasty addition to any plate of crackers. The tahini ensures that it's creamy and the cardamom and cumin add a fragrant touch of flavor.
Pear Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 of 1 pear
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse cashews and place them into a blender.
- Peel the pear, remove the seeds, cut into smaller pieces and add to blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend it thoroughly.
- If cheese is too thick, add more almond milk. Serve.