If you are a peanut butter fan like me, you should definitely double this vegan peanut butter cookie recipe and make an extra batch. If you’re not a peanut butter fan you could absolutely make these with almond, cashew, or sunflower seed butter instead. Really buttery and not-too-sweet, these vegan peanut butter cookie sandwiches are full of healthy fats and protein from the nuts and omega 3s from the flax meal. They also have body soothing benefits from the coconut oil. They are 100% vegan, no eggs or dairy here, and gluten-free if you use gluten free flour and oats (which I did-but you don't have to). You can use any nut butter to make these, and add in other additions (like chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, etc) as you see fit. Vegan peanut butter cookie sandwiches are a delicious breakfast on-the-go or pre/post workout snack!
Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
7 sandwiches or 14 cookies
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter + 1/2 cup for filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour (gluten-free or wheat)
How to Prepare Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut oil, 1/3 cup peanut butter, and brown sugar and cream together using a fork.
- Add vanilla extract, flax meal, and water and mix well to combine.
- Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, and flour and stir well to incorporate.
- Roll into golf ball sized balls and place on parchment paper. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand. Leave a few inches between each one.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until turning golden and lightly crisped on bottoms.
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly, 10-15 minutes, before filling. Once cool, gently coat the bottom of one cookie with a tablespoon or so of peanut butter and spread with a butter knife. Attach second cookie and gently press to adhere. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.