These peanut butter chocolate chip rice crispy treats are ridiculously easy to make, and so, so good! They're packed with all-natural ingredients: puffed brown rice, natural peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and vegan chocolate chips. So much better than the original!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rice Crispy Treats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of brown rice crispy cereal
- Vegan chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the five cups of cereal.
- In a medium pot, add the maple syrup over medium-low heat and whisk for a few minutes until hot.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until melted and fully combined.
- Pour the peanut butter liquid over the cereal and mix together until almost fully combined.
- Add in desired amount of chocolate chips and mix through until fully incorporated.
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Pour in the mixture and use your hands (you can add another piece of parchment paper on top) to Press down firmly until evenly distributed.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Slice and store in the refrigerator or freezer.