If you’re an absolute cookie dough fiend, then you’ll love these peanut buttery cookie bars. They’re super easy to make without any blender or food processor needed—just a good old-fashioned mixing bowl and about ten minutes of your time! Reprinted with permission from Effortless Vegan by Sarah Nevins, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Sarah Nevins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (125 g) peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups (168 g) almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (45 g) dairy-free mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 9 x 5–inch (23 x 13–cm) baking tin with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir in the almond flour, salt and half of the chocolate chips until fully combined. Then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the dough.
- Transfer the dough to the lined baking tin. Press it into the bottom and sides of the pan in an even layer. Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into 12 pieces.
- Keep the bars stored in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Peanut Butter