Dessert should be showstopping and what better way to impress than with this delicious peanut butter cheesecake? It has a simple graham cracker crust and a creamy, peanut buttery filling made from tofu and vegan cream cheese. It's baked to give the top somewhat of a browned crust, then it's drizzled with chocolate and garnished with chopped peanuts. This dessert is perfect for serving a crowd.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake With Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Graham Cracker Crust:
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 12-ounce container silken tofu
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy no-stir peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or corn starch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Topping:
- 3 ounces vegan dark chocolate, plus 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or sealable plastic bag, crush the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Transfer to a bowl, mix with vegan butter, then press into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
To Make the Filling:
- In a food processor or using an immersion blender and a medium bowl, process silken tofu, cream cheese, and peanut butter for about a minute or until well blended.
- Add sugar and process until smooth 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider and non-dairy milk; let sit for about a minute, then whisk in corn starch/arrowroot until smooth and dissolved.
- Pour apple cider mixture and vanilla extract into food processor or bowl, then process until very smooth
- Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until sides are set (the very center may jiggle slightly, this is okay). Allow to cool at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and non-dairy milk in a double boiler or in the microwave (30 second intervals) until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours prior to serving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Graham cracker crust recipe adapted from The Kitchn. Cheesecake will keep for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.