This soup is light, tasty, and easy to make. The simple broth is augmented with carrots, onions, basil, and mint and then finished off with some crispy pan-fried tempeh. This is the perfect meal for someone who is looking to eat quick and healthy.
Pan Seared Tempeh Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 8-ounce pack tempeh, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3/4 cup crinkled carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 5 mint leaves (fresh)
- 5 basil leaves (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- A pinch of ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt according to taste
- Warm a frying pan and grease it with cooking spray.
- Place the sliced tempeh and cook until golden brown and slightly crispy (keep turning on all sides). Once done keep it aside.
- In a saucepan boil the vegetable broth and add all the rest of the ingredients (except tempeh).
- Just before serving turn off the flame and add tempeh and garnish with lemon wedges.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile