This pecan pie is so creamy, delicious, and dense, no one would ever guess that it's raw and paleo! The crust is made primarily with pecans, walnuts, and dried mulberries, and the cashew filling is sweetened with dates and swirled with coconut cream. Top this pie with plenty of healthy pecans and a generous drizzle of maple syrup!
Paleo Pecan Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried mulberries
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews
- 20 pitted Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons thick coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lecithin
- A good pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- Prepare the crust just simply processing the ingredients in a food processor and press it into a baking pan. Put in the refrigerator to set.
- To make the filling, start blending the soaked cashews, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until very smooth and creamy. Pour over the crust and put into the refrigerator to set. You can also put the pie in the freezer to set if you want it to be ready faster. Leave in for at least two hours.
- Once the pie is set, garnish the pie with loads of pecans and some pure maple syrup.