These oven roasted chickpeas are a delicious way to get some protein in during the day. They're easy to make, fun to eat, and a perfect on-the-go snack! Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are lovely little legumes that are incredibly versatile. One of our favorite ways to enjoy chickpeas is roasting them with some tasty spices for a crunchy, healthy snack or salad topper. Experiment with various different flavorings here; you really can’t go wrong! They will keep in an airtight container for storage after roasting, but they truly are best (and addictive) fresh out of the oven. You might want to make an extra batch because these oven roasted chickpeas won't last long!
Oven Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (may be from 15 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the flavorings.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast 35-40 minutes, until crisp and golden, tossing a few times during baking to prevent uneven browning. Allow to sit and cool a bit before eating, if you can wait!