This is it! Today is the day…for this vegan cookie recipe to see the light. Orange and chocolate? It's a classic in my book.
Orange-Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp. orange oil or extract
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup brewed (cacao) grounds
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. stevia powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the date paste, tahini, and orange juice until smooth. Add the orange zest, orange oil, chia seed mixture, and cacao grounds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, cacao powder, baking powder, stevia, and salt. With the mixer running on low, carefully add the flour mixture. This is a very thick batter, but mix until it comes together. Add the pecans and chocolate chips and pulse a few times to fully incorporate them.
- Roll walnut-sized pieces of dough and place on the cookie sheet. When all the dough has been used, press down the cookies using a wet glass bottom. These cookies do not spread so it’s essential that they are flattened evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through to ensure even baking. Let cookies cool on pans for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.