Vegan Orange and Poppyseed cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Vegan and so good - full of flavour and has a great orange taste. The cream cheese frosting makes this! Toffuti is simply the best.
Orange Poppyseed Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup vegan spread
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind / zest
- 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan spread
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Combine the melted vegan spread and sugar in a bowl and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients (the poppy seeds and orange zest go in last) and combine – don’t over mix this! Bake for 30-40 minutes on 360ºF.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting is simple – just mix everything together.
- Top the cake with the frosting and enjoy.