These orange and basil glazed carrots are really quick to make and are really healthy. We love the balance between savory and sweet. The earthy carrots match so well with the tangy-sweetness of the orange juice and the grassy freshness of the basil.
Orange and Basil Glazed Carrots [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups carrots, sliced
- juice of 1 small orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of basil, sliced into ribbons
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, orange juice and salt and pepper.
- Turn the mixture down to a simmer, cover with a lid or tin foil and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the carrots are your desired doneness.
- Once the carrots are cooked, add the basil and serve.