Spring is here and we are celebrating with this super easy, one bowl chocolate chunk vegan blondies! Don’t let the golden delicious color fool you, these vegan blondies are all the gooey, crunchy, chocolatey goodness you want from a brownie but in a lighter spring version.
One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Vegan Blondies [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup (120g) chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 flax egg – optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/4 cup for mixing
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment and light grease with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining 1 tbsp. of ground flax with 3 tablespoons warm water. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Into a bowl add all your ingredients and stir till well combined. Add more milk if you notice the batter is too thick but 3/4 cup worked perfectly for me.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy hot with vanilla ice cream or whip cream!
For this Vegan Blondies recipe, I’ve called for all-purpose flour and almond meal to give the blondies a lighter texture, but feel free to mix up whatever flour you like.