Looking for a trendy brunch idea? Look no further! These pancakes are a beautiful rainbow of red and white, topped with coconut cream and strawberries, and totally ready for your social feeds. Plus, they taste great too.
Ombre Strawberries and Cream Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup plain gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of strawberry flavoring
- Pink food coloring
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- A handful of fresh strawberries
- 1 15-ounce can of coconut cream
- Flaked almonds
- Maple syrup
- Handful of fresh strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the almond milk and vinegar. Let this rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the almond milk & vinegar mixture, maple syrup, strawberry flavoring, and melted coconut oil into the flour and baking powder mixture and combine.
- Separate the pancake mixture into 3 separate bowls.
- In the first bowl add a drop of pink coloring and mix.
- In the second bowl, add a drop plus a little more to make a darker color and mix it well.
- Leave the last bowl as it is.
- Heat and grease a large frying pan and cook you pancakes as you see fit.
- Top them with the coconut cream and the fresh strawberries.