Light, fluffy, and savory, these olive oil bread rolls are perfect for any dish. Whole wheat buns are speckled with tangy olives, fresh rosemary, and garlic powder and topped with sesame and poppy seeds. These rolls are perfect for pairing with soup, dinner, or making sandwiches.
Olive Oil Bread Rolls [Vegan]
For the Bread:
- 4 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup olives, sliced and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
For the Topping:
- White/black sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- In a big bowl place yeast and pour water and whisk until dissolved.
- Gradually add sifted flour, salt, and garlic powder. At first, work with an eggbeater and then with your hands. Add oil and knead the dough. Add olives and rosemary.
- Shape dough into a ball and put it in the oven (in the bowl) at 120°F for 40 minutes. The dough will start to inflate. Remove from the oven and shape into six bread rolls.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds. Bake in preheated oven at 355°F for about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.