Do you love bright, citrus-y things? Then, you'll love this lemon baked tofu! Cubed tofu is marinated in an oil-free sauce made from fresh lemon juice, tahini, tamari, and turmeric for color. Serve with your favorite veggies and grains.
Oil-Free Lemon Baked Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 8-ounce package tofu, rinsed and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large, really juice lemon or 2 smaller)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- Whisk all of everything except the tofu in a bowl. Place the cubed tofu in a shallow dish and pour the marinade on, stirring it up and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While it’s marinating, you can chop some vegetables for stir fry and get some rice cooking. Add a tablespoon of flour to the marinated tofu and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes.