I average 5 salads per week – hey, that’s a lot of greens, sure – but it also means preparing and consuming a lot of salad dressing. Which means that I’m constantly thinking up new combinations of acids and bases. This one contains no nuts and gets its sweetness from a small amount of fruit preserves.
Oil-Free Berry-Miso Salad Dressing [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. fruit-sweetened jam
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth.
- Dressing keeps for several days in the refrigerator.