Light and fluffy breakfast muffins studded with juicy blueberries made from wholesome muesli and almond butter. Top these muffins with a nutty streusel topping for a delicious breakfast bake or snack.
Nutty Blueberry Breakfast Muffins [Vegan, Gluten Free]
Ingredients You Need for Nutty Blueberry Breakfast Muffins [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Muffins:
- 10.1 oz (300ml) plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons (90g) runny almond butter or tahini
- 2/3 cups (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup (250g) plain or gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) nutty muesli, ground to a flour*
- 1/2 cup (60g) nutty muesli, left whole*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (200g) blueberries
Nutty Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup (100g) nutty muesli
- ~1/4 cup (40g) coconut sugar
- ~1/4 cup (40g) vegan butter, melted
How to Prepare Nutty Blueberry Breakfast Muffins [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (160 Fan/180°C) and line a muffin tray with 14-16 cases.
- Make the Nutty Streusel Topping by stirring together all the ingredients. Blitz the 80g muesli in a blender to a fine flour (small lumps are ok).
- For to make the muffins, whisk together the plant-based milk and lemon juice and leave for 5 minutes to curdle. Now whisk in the almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and add in the ground-up muesli and the salt. Whisk to a thick batter. Pour in the 60g whole muesli and most of the blueberries and fold in.
- Divide the batter between the cases and top with the remaining blueberries. Sprinkle over the Nutty Streusel Topping and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean (they’re also springy to touch).
- Cool briefly in the tin before removing from the tin and cooling fully on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the fridge if it is warm. Store in the freezer for 1 month. *use GF muesli where needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.