This cauliflower salad will be of great help to getting your daily greens in one go! It's made by pulsing raw cauliflower and fresh greens in a food processor until crumbly, then topped with a creamy avocado dressing and a crunchy toasted nut and seed topping. This is a meal-worthy salad that won't leave you feeling hungry.
Nourishing Cauliflower Salad With Nuts and Seeds [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- A few handfuls of spinach and kale
- A generous bunch of fresh coriander
For the Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Juice from 1/3 lime
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
To Make the Salad:
- Run the cauliflower in a food processor for a few seconds until it becomes grainy, looking a little like cous-cous. If you don't have a food processor, shred by hand. Place the cauliflower crumbles in a bowl while running the spinach and coriander together in the food processor for a few seconds. Add to this mix to the cauliflower bowl and combine the two.
- Make the dressing. Mash the avocado using a fork together with the tamari (or other soy sauce) and the lime juice until you have a creamy consistency. Massage it into to the greens - make sure it's all well combined. Place in a serving bowl, and top off with a few spoons of the salad topping.
To Make the Topping:
- Turn the oven to 175°F.
- Roughly chop the almonds and the sunflower seeds. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to make the sure all mixes evenly.
- Spread the mix out in an oven tray and place in the oven. Leave for about 10 minutes or until it starts to go a little brown and crunchy. Stir one or two times in the meantime to make sure it roasts evenly. Take out and let cool.