In these nori wraps, the creamy avocado-tahini sauce is the center star that's balanced out by fresh, crunchy vegetables. It's all wrapped in a nori sheet that brings the savory flavor of sea vegetables, making these both unique and a delight to eat. These are great as either an appetizer or a light lunch.
Nori Wraps With Creamy Avocado-Tahini Spread [Vegan]
For the Wraps:
- 4 nori sheets
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup sprouts
For the Spread:
- 2 small, or 1 large, ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons tahini, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make the Spread:
- Mash avocado with a fork in a bowl. Add tahini, lemon juice, and salt, and stir it all together. Set aside.
To Make the Wraps:
- Place one nori sheet on a flat surface.
- Spread 1/4 of the avocado-tahini spread over the entire sheet, make sure to get the ends.
- About 1/3 of the way up the nori sheet, line up the vegetables, starting with cucumber and bell pepper. Top with grated carrot and a 1/4 cup of sprouts.
- Roll the end of the sheet closest to you over the vegetables to cover and continue rolling to the end.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the remaining 3 nori sheets.
- Cut all the wraps in half and serve.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.