This is super easy to make, and it’s especially good for when it’s hot and you don’t feel like cooking. The measurements in this recipe aren’t super specific. This is on purpose because it all depends on how many rolls you’re making and how much of what ingredient you want to add. Just follow my general guidelines and then do as you like.
Super Easy Nori Hand Rolls With Avocado Dressing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Super Easy Nori Hand Rolls With Avocado Dressing [Vegan]
- Cooked brown rice at room temperature
- Toasted Nori Sushi Sheets – you can find these at any health food store or Asian grocery store.
- Thin cucumber slices
- Thinly sliced radish
- Thinly sliced or shaved carrot
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 lime
- a few drops of rice vinegar
- White pepper
How to Prepare Super Easy Nori Hand Rolls With Avocado Dressing [Vegan]
- First you want to get your rice to room temperature. If you already have brown rice in the fridge, just heat some up and then let it cool to room temp. If you need to make rice from scratch, make sure it cools to room temperature before you make these rolls. If the rice is too warm it will make the nori sheets soggy and hard to eat.
- Next, make your avocado dressing by scooping the avocado into a bowl, mashing it with a fork and then adding the lime juice, rice vinegar and white pepper. You can also add some sea salt if you like. Just add enough of each ingredient until it’s delicious to you.
- Now, cut all your veggies, and make sure they’re relatively thin. The combination of radish, cucumber and carrot is really yum, but you can use whatever veggies you happen to have and make your own ridiculously yummy combinations.
- If your nori came in large sheets, you will need to cut them in half (see pictures).
- Take one nori sheet at a time and place it on a dry, clean cutting board and spread some avocado dressing on half of the sheet, followed by some rice and then some veggies. Don’t add too much rice and veggies or it will be a bitch to roll.
- Take the bottom left corner of the nori sheet and bring it to the middle top edge of the sheet. From here, roll it to the right so that it forms a cone shape (see pictures).
- You will have to do this a few times before you get the hang of it, guaranteed. It takes practice and your first few rolls will be messy. Messy is okay – they will still taste good. Practicing is half the fun of doing this. Just keep rolling until you get the hang of it.
- Add a few drops of soy sauce or coconut aminos to your roll before you bite into it.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.