Here’s a scrumptious recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars. They are sweet, oaty, and nutty with a smooth chocolate peanut butter filling. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Made with just 8 wholesome ingredients, this recipe comes together effortlessly for a lush, sweet treat that’s pretty healthy.
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 3/4 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a saucepan, drop in coconut oil and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat and stir to combine. Lower heat and pour in gluten-free oats, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla. Stir everything to combine, then remove from heat.
- Add 2 inches of water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place a heatproof glass bowl on top, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the simmering water. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir gently until everything is melted, smooth, and combined. Remove from heat.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper (I used a 9x9-inch square pan) and pour in half your oat mixture. Press the oats mixture into the bottom using your hands to make a solid, firm base. Then, pour in 3/4 of your chocolate peanut butter filling for a smooth, even layer.
- Next, sprinkle with the remaining oat mixture and drizzle with the remaining chocolate peanut butter mixture. Option: drizzle with more all-natural peanut butter for a chocolate peanut butter top.
- Freeze bars for at least 2 hours or until solid.
- Let sit thaw for 10 minutes, then cut into squares.
- Bars will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. - Let sit for 10 minutes to defrost before eating slightly. - It helps to slightly wet your hands with water when pressing the oat mixture to make the firm base. This will stop them from sticking to the mix.
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Thanks for posting, but this recipe isn’t actually vegan if you use regular chocolate chips, which definitely have dairy in them.