This flavorful cheesecake is refreshing, juicy, and decadent thanks to the incorporation of fresh cherries and almonds which also gives the dessert a classic bakewell flavor. The cheesecake has a deliciously crumbly oat and almond base with a layer of juicy cherry jam, a cashew nut cheesecake almond filling, and homemade white chocolate, cherries, and more almonds to top it off. Utterly mouth-watering and a must make!
No-Bake Cherry Bakewell Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
For the Base:
- Around 10 dates, pitted
- 2 1/4 cups of gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Cherry jam, as needed
For the Almond Cheesecake:
- 3 1/2 cups of cashew nuts, soaked and drained
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 6 teaspoons of almond extract
- 4 tablespoons of almond milk
For the Optional Toppings:
- Fresh/glaće cherries
- Flaked almonds
- Whole almonds
- Vegan white chocolate
To Make the Base:
- Line a 7 or 8-inch cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Add dates into a food processor/blender along with the oats, almonds, almond extract, salt, and water.
- Press the mixture into the lined cake tin.
- Spread some cherry jam on top of the base and pop into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Place the soaked cashew nuts, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond extract, and almond milk into a food processor and whizz up until smooth. This will take around 5-10 minutes on high.
- Pour the cheesecake layer onto the jam and spread. Leave 1/4 of the mixture in the bowl and add a teaspoon of cherry jam and 1 teaspoon of pink food coloring (optional to create a pretty ombre layer).
- Place the cheesecake into the freezer for 5-8 hours to set.