This recipe will give you a savory mixture of mushrooms and spices that make the perfect addition to any sauce and a fantastic replacement for meat in any traditional recipe. The mushrooms are cooked with onions, garlic, and a tasteful bouquet of spices and the end result is simple but elegant.
Mushroom Meat Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Meat Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 very small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 marjoram
- A pinch of salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (optional)
- 8 ounces pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free)
- 1 serving
How to Prepare Mushroom Meat Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop the mushrooms and put in your food processor. Pulse them mushrooms a few times.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Cook them in a pan with oil and salt until they are soft. Add mushrooms to onion and garlic. Sprinkle this with salt.
- Cook the mixture until the mushrooms release their liquid. Keep cooking until the mushroom liquid evaporates. Add enough tomato sauce to fully coat mushrooms. Add the spices.
- Drain fire roasted tomatoes well and then, mix them into the mushroom sauce. Pour sauce over two bowls of pasta.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 602 | Carbs: 114 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 16 g | Sodium: 876 mg | Sugar: 15 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.