This recipe will give you a savory mixture of mushrooms and spices that make the perfect addition to any sauce and a fantastic replacement for meat in any traditional recipe. The mushrooms are cooked with onions, garlic, and a tasteful bouquet of spices and the end result is simple but elegant.
Mushroom Meat Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 very small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 marjoram
- A pinch of salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (optional)
- 8 ounces pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free)
- 1 serving
- Chop the mushrooms and put in your food processor. Pulse them mushrooms a few times.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Cook them in a pan with oil and salt until they are soft. Add mushrooms to onion and garlic. Sprinkle this with salt.
- Cook the mixture until the mushrooms release their liquid. Keep cooking until the mushroom liquid evaporates. Add enough tomato sauce to fully coat mushrooms. Add the spices.
- Drain fire roasted tomatoes well and then, mix them into the mushroom sauce. Pour sauce over two bowls of pasta.