A light and nutritious Indian side dish! This is such a quick and easy dish to prepare… if you need something fast and this is perfect. You can always include some brown rice to make it more of a meal. Enjoy!
Mushroom Matar Sauté [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (matar)
- 1 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, and 1 teaspoon powdered ginger mixed together
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus a few sprigs for garnish
- Water sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the spices, tamari, tamarind paste, and mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the peas last and cook a bit longer until they are thawed and warm, but still bright green.
- Add the chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a bit more fresh cilantro.