This hearty stew is was inspired by the traditional goulashes of Eastern Europe. The mushrooms provide a meaty foundation and are slowly simmered in a rich, spicy, brown sauce and then served with your choice of starch.
Hearty Mushroom Goulash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Hearty Mushroom Goulash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.1 pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon tomatoes
- 1 cup oat cream
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon small chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Hearty Mushroom Goulash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat the oil in a pan and then fry the onions, garlic, and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix it with the broth.
- Bring this to the boil, stir in the cream, add the pepper cubes, and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Finally, season it with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the parsley and stir it in. You can serve this with whatever starch you would like or eat it as is.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 190 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 39 mg | Sugar: 8 g Calculating not including salt.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.