This hearty stew is was inspired by the traditional goulashes of Eastern Europe. The mushrooms provide a meaty foundation and are slowly simmered in a rich, spicy, brown sauce and then served with your choice of starch.
Hearty Mushroom Goulash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.1 pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon tomatoes
- 1 cup oat cream
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon small chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and then fry the onions, garlic, and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix it with the broth.
- Bring this to the boil, stir in the cream, add the pepper cubes, and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Finally, season it with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the parsley and stir it in. You can serve this with whatever starch you would like or eat it as is.