These mushroom lettuce wraps are a great option for a clean and energizing appetizer or light lunch. Shiitake and Baby Bella mushrooms are sautéed in a savory liquid, scooped into Romaine leaves and drizzled in a flavorful hot chili aioli. Top with some julienned veggie strips for a colorful presentation.
Mushroom Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 2 cups, sliced Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups, Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup, sliced sweet mini peppers (optional)
- 1/2 cup, raw coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup raw coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the Wrap:
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and separated
- Broccoli and carrot julienne strips
- Mung bean sprouts
- Place mushrooms and peppers in a medium bowl, add in raw coconut aminos, garlic, and oil, stir and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together aminos, miso, agave, chili oil, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Scoop mushrooms into lettuce, draining off most of the liquid.
- Top with broccoli, carrots, and mung beans, and drizzle on sauce.