This Vegan mushroom stuffing tastes like Thanksgiving. The recipe uses two pounds of sautéed mushrooms which are deeply spiced with fragrant sage, tossed with soft pieces of whole wheat bread, and complemented by tender-crisp slices of celery. Common brown or white mushrooms (also called cremini) are full of flavor and work perfectly here. These rich ingredients are brightened with handfuls of fresh parsley, a chopped onion, a little salt and pepper, and poultry seasoning. Everyone at the table will love this vegan mushroom stuffing. It's a show-stopper!
Show Stopper Mushroom and Sage Stuffing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Show Stopper Mushroom and Sage Stuffing [Vegan]
- 1 cup salted non-dairy butter
- 2 heaping cups chopped celery
- 1 heaping cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds brown or white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- heaping 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend
- 1 loaf (16 to 20 ounces) sliced whole wheat sandwich bread, cut into cubes
How to Prepare Show Stopper Mushroom and Sage Stuffing [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a huge pot (an 8-quart size), melt the non-dairy butter over medium heat. When melted, add the chopped celery, onion, and sliced mushrooms. Toss to coat, then sauté, occasionally stirring, until the vegetables have softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then remove the pan from heat, and stir in the vegetable broth, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- When evenly mixed, add the bread pieces, and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish, and spread evenly. Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
- For the bread, use a basic, soft wheat sandwich bread. - A multigrain loaf with seeds is not right for this dish and would interfere with the soft texture of the stuffing.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.