These Pumpkin Spice Blondies are oh-so moist and easy to make. Great for the next day breakfast or snack bars, they pack a dense, flavorful bite, all while being grain-free and good for you! Score.
Moist Pumpkin Spice Blondies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of pitted dates, any variety (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes if hard or dry)
- 1/4 cup of almond butter (cashew or other nut butters should work too)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup coconut sugar (depending on how sweet you want them)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Criss-cross two pieces of parchment in a 8-inch by by 8-inch pan. Add all of the dry ingredients to a food processor and process until finely textured and no large chunks of cashew remain. Empty dry mixture into a large bowl.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the now empty food processor and process until fairly smooth. Pour/scrape the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 33 – 40 minutes or until lightly browned and top is firm. You can also test with a toothpick.
- The blondies will be very very soft when hot/warm out of the oven, but will firm up and change in texture as they cool. They are meant to be extremely moist, “melt-in-your-mouth”, and soft in texture, rather than chewy like a cookie bar.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares and store in a glass container with lid. These are the very best the next day if you have the willpower to wait that long!
After a day or so you can store these in the fridge to maintain the best freshness. They are delicious out of the fridge as well.