Some nights you just need a quick and easy summer meal. In these quinoa stuffed peppers, fresh corn from the cob, black olives, and cherry tomatoes are added to the quinoa along with a refreshing, spicy salsa. If you want to make them extra tasty, crumble in some vegan pepperjack to the mix.
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan, add rinsed quinoa, cover, and cook on low for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Prep your green peppers, corn, and tomatoes then place in a medium bowl.
- Slice olives and place in bowl with rest of veggies.
- Arrange green pepper halves on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up. Add cooked quinoa to the veggie bowl along with prepared salsa and mix well. Fill each pepper half with as much quinoa as you can.
- Top with slices of cheese and bake in a 350°F pre-heated oven or toaster oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with oregano.