This Mexican-style pizza is unlike any pizza you've ever had. It has a crunchy quinoa pizza crust (made with just a few ingredients) layered with red lentil tomato chili, corn, kidney beans, avocado, homemade cashew sour cream, and fresh herbs. Pizza has never looked so good!
Mexican Quinoa Pizza With Red Lentil Tomato Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons uncooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
For the Red Lentil Tomato Chili:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper
For the Cashew Sour Cream:
- 1 cup, plus 3/4 tablespoon cashews
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
For the Additional Toppings:
- Kidney beans
To Make the Quinoa Crust:
- Add quinoa in a pot, simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa softened.
- Place the cooked quinoa into a food processor along with the water, salt, and baking powder.
- Process until it is smooth in consistency.
- Press down the dough on a pan with parchment paper and bake the crust for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully flip the crust over, and bake it for another five minutes.
- Top the pizza with the red lentil-tomato sauce, kidney beans, and corn.
- Bake the pizza for another 5-10 minutes until your toppings have cooked through.
To Make the Red Lentil Tomato Chili:
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper; sauté vegetables until onion is soft and lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 25-20 minutes and taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked chili into a food processor and process until puréed. And add on the quinoa crust.
To Make the Cashew Sour Cream:
- Soak the cashews for at least 3-4 hours.
- Add everything in a food processor and blend very well.