Kofte takes a delicious meat-free spin in this classic, made with hearty and flavorful spices and a meat substitute!
Meaty Kofte [Vegan]
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt, as needed
- 24-ounces vegan meat
- Avocado oil or another cooking oil for pan frying
- Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the finely chopped onions and let it rest for 5 minutes. Give the onions a squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Put all the ingredient in a bowl and mix well. Let the mixture wait in the fridge overnight for improved flavor and texture.
- Shape into patties and pan fry.