When I was thinking of what I could make, I was picturing a dessert with the vibrant green color of the Matcha Green Tea, which is what I wanted to use. And although these didn't turn out to be bright green like I had anticipated, they are still really good, good for you, and have the benefits of Matcha Green Tea. They have a hint of the classic Matcha Green Tea flavor and are loaded with melted chocolate chips. And, they are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and contain no refined sugar.
Matcha Green Tea-Chocolate Chip Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 cup homemade almond butter
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic raw coconut crystals
- 1 tablespoon organic matcha green tea powder (full-leaf loose tea)
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts (chopped)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water))
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degree for 10 - 12 minutes and let them cool completely before cutting and serving.