Maple syrup and tarragon are wonderful enhancements for the flavor of sweet potatoes. You’re welcome to make and serve this any time, of course, but it’s an especially delicious addition to the Thanksgiving meal.
Maple and Tarragon Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]
- 4 pounds (about 4 or 5 large) sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in overlapping rows in an oiled shallow 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, vegan butter, juice, cinnamon, and salt. Pour evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle the tarragon over the top.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until readily pierced with a fork but still firm. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, or until glazed and golden around the edges.