This recipe combines two of the most magical foods…granola and peanut butter! This peanut butter granola is heaven in a bowl! It's very low in sugar (unlike regular store-bought granolas) and has extra protein from the peanut butter. The peanut butter also compliments the added cinnamon perfectly and helps to bind all the ingredients together. Cornflakes give the peanut butter granola an extra bit of crunchy texture. When mixed with almond milk or alongside yogurt and berries it is truly the yummiest healthy breakfast or snack. This peanut butter granola is great for meal prepping! Make some over the weekend, so you have an easy snack or breakfast during the week!
Low Sugar Peanut Butter Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2½ cup jumbo oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup gluten-free cornflakes
- Preheat your oven to 356°F and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a pan, gently melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and sweetener of choice together. Stir through the spices.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Pour over the wet ingredients and stir everything together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Spread this over your baking sheet and pop into the oven for 15 minutes, tossing half away through to prevent burning.
- Once cooled store in an airtight jar/container.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favourite non-dairy milk and enjoy!