When you enjoy this linguine you’ll feel like you’re having the most indulgent, creamy, alfredo type sauce, but you won’t miss the cheese or dairy at all. The sauce is so rich it feels like you’re having a meal at a fancy restaurant, minus the big bill. The flavors of the linguine with lemon basil cream sauce are perfectly balanced.
Linguine with Lemon Basil Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup basil, whole leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 8-ounce box linguine
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Sprig of basil (optional)
- Start your pasta water.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, add cashews, water, basil, and garlic to a high speed blender. Blend into a smooth, creamy consistency, approximately 1 minute.
- Poor the cashew cream into a medium size pot over medium heat. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, stir. When the cream sauce starts to bubble turn the heat down to low, keep warm and stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook your linguine according to package instructions. When the linguine is al dente, add it to the sauce and toss gently. The sauce will thicken and make a nice creamy coating on the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and a sprig of basil.