In this zesty salad, fingerling potatoes and green lentils are cooked until soft, then mixed with crunchy red cabbage and spices. The result is a salad with contrasting textures and spicy flavors. Serve this as a side with a light lunch or as an appetizer at dinner.
Lentil and Fingerling Potato Salad With Spicy Mustard [Vegan]
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup green lentils
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, plus extra for boiling potatoes and lentils
- A pinch of black pepper
- Bring to boil a little pot of water.
- With a vegetable brush, wash the potatoes under running water, cut them in half lengthwise and put them in a bigger pot; cover them with abundant water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to boil.
- When the little pot of water starts to boil, add lentils, a pinch of salt and cook following the time indicated on the package, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime finely slice the cabbage and put it in a mixing bowl.
- In a little bowl mix grated garlic clove, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drain lentils, rinse with cold water and set aside. Drain potatoes, put them again in the empty pot, pour the vinegar, stir, and let cool.
- Add lentils and potatoes to the shredded cabbage, pour the seasoning, and stir until everything is well dressed.