This cheesecake is lemony, nutty, and packed with good-for-you ingredients. The crust is made with hemp seeds and flour, shredded coconut, and almond meal, while the filling is made from cashews, coconut yogurt, and lemon. Simple and easy to make!
Lemon Hemp Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup hemp seed flour
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked at least 6 hours and drained
- 1 1/4 cup vegan coconut yogurt
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Shelled hemp seeds
- Lemon zest
- Sliced lemons
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper. Spray or lightly coat the sides of the pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add all dry crust ingredients and whisk together so it's mixed. Next, add coconut oil a couple of tablespoons at a time while stirring. Lastly, mix with your hands, the flour mixture should not feel soggy but more on the drier side, as you mix with your hands you'll help release more oils from the seeds. Do this for a couple minutes. Add more oil if it's overly dry.
- Pour crust ingredients out into your spring-form pan and press tightly against the bottom and sides.
- Bake the crust for approximately 8 minutes and then remove, set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine all ingredients in a blender until it's nice and smooth. Pour filling over the crust and jiggle the pan a bit to make sure it's level.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or so, until golden on top. Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours at least or overnight to set. Garnish before serving.