One of my fave ways to make my cheeze, and eat it too, is the following recipe. It uses a technique I learned while training as raw food un-cook, and I make it almost weekly these days. I have actually snuck this awesome spread onto a platter alongside brie, goat, and blue cheese, with no one the wiser that my contribution was in fact of the plant-based variety! So why not give it a go, and see if you and your loved ones can't taste the difference!
Gourmet Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 raw Kombucha tea
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice
- In high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients and process until a smooth, ricotta-cheese like consistency is reached.
- Using a spatula, scoop mixture into a strainer bag/nut milk bag and tighten bag around the cheese, forming a solid ball.
- Place the ball & bag into a bowl, and drizzle a little more Kombucha over top.
- Cover with a towel and leave on the counter overnight, and up to 3 days to "ripen".
- Check cheese often to test flavor and ferment. Once you're happy with the flavor, it's ready.
Store in the fridge up to 1 week.