Lamon Beans are large beans and vary in color from brown to white to reddish. They have an excellent consistency and taste wonderful in soups and risottos as well as for meatballs and cutlets. In this recipe, they are used to make some awesome burgers!
Lamon Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 4 cups of Lamon beans
- 1 cup of potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 large carrots
- 2 red tropea onions
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 branch of fresh rosemary
- 2 pieces of kombu seaweed (each about 2 cm)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of whole sea salt
- tamari sauce to taste
- gluten-free corn breadcrumbs to taste
- Soak the beans in cold water and 1 piece of kombu seaweed for 12 hours (in hot weather change the water once).
- After this time, cook them in plenty of cold water over a gentle fire with a new piece of seaweed. Chopped celery carrot and diced onion and brown for a few minutes in the oil adding a pinch of salt and smoked paprika.
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in steam, then pass them in a potato masher. Collect the puree in a bowl adding the browned vegetables and chopped sage leaves. Crush the beans with a fork and add them to the rest of the ingredients. Salt with tamari sauce according to your taste then transfer the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour minimum so that it is compact and you will need less breadcrumbs to get the right consistency.
- Adjust the consistency by adding breadcrumbs enough to obtain a soft but not sticky dough.
- Arrange the burgers on a baking sheet spaced from each other by adding the needles of rosemary. You can form them by hand or help yourself with a round pastry rings.
- Bake in preheated oven at 356°F until golden brown.