If you are under the impression that veggies are just meant to be side dishes, you have to try this amazing stuffed spaghetti squash! It's filled with sautéed kale, chickpeas, and toasted almonds. It's filling, wholesome, and tastes as good as it looks!
Kale and Chickpea Stuffed Spaghetti Squash [Vegan]
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4-5 handfuls of kale, washed and large stems removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Carefully cut your spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Very lightly coat the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place both halves face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, drizzle olive oil into a medium-size pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add the slivered almonds and sauté with the garlic for another few minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the almonds are just starting to toast.
- Add the kale, with a sprinkle of sea salt, and sauté until wilted, mixing in the almonds and the garlic.
- Pour in the chickpeas and mix through.
- When ready, spoon the kale mixture into the squash halves.