This sweetened dough is made from oats, nut butter, and almonds. In the middle hides a fresh fruit "jelly" center in this adorable dessert. These guys might look exactly like a bag of doughnut holes, but nobody will be disappointed by the deception, once they take a bite.
Jelly Dough-Not Holes [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 10 raspberries or blueberries (or some of each)
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Place oats and almonds in the blender until ground into a fine powder. Add nut butter, maple syrup, and water to the blender and pulse together until a soft dough forms.
- Test a spoonful of the dough by rolling it between your palms. It will look more like a crumbly dough than it will actually be once rolled. If the dough cracks too much, add a touch more water or maple syrup to the blender and re-blend.
- Roll 1 tablespoon full of dough at a time into a ball, using the palms of your hands.
- Then flatten each ball and place a berry in the center of each disc. Fold the edges over the berry and re-roll into a ball.
- Once you have finished rolling all the dough-nots, roll each one into desired toppings. Serve.