I hope you love sesame because this bowl of goodness is packed with sesame flavor – I used both sesame oil and sesame seeds. Aside from the sesame and the brown shirataki noodles, I added three kinds of mushrooms (any assortment of mushrooms will do, but if you’re not sure what to go with, try shiitake mushrooms), spring onions, peanuts, and soybean sprouts.
Japanese Style Noodles With Mushrooms and Sesame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Scant 3/4 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 ounce package shirataki noodles (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- Pinch crushed chipotle (optional)
- In a pan, cook the mushrooms, sprouts, and spring onion in the veggie broth for 10 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, the seeds, and the peanuts and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the noodles, and stir well for a further couple of minutes. Mix in the chipotle if using as well.
- Serve with the broth.