Whether you're looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or an after-dinner treat, these iced frappés are sure to satisfy your craving for sweets. The rich and velvety green tea matcha blend provides a light caffeine boost and is a nice differentiation to the traditional coffee frappé. For this recipe, go for coconut milk as opposed to almond for optimal froth!
Iced Matcha Green Tea Frappé With Coconut Whip [Vegan]
For the Frappé:
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk, chilled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Seeds from 1/2 a scraped vanilla bean pod
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
For the Whipped Coconut Cream Topping
- 4 tablespoons of cold, solidified coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- A tiny pinch of Sea Salt
- In a blender, combine soy milk, matcha, maple syrup, vanilla seeds, and sea salt. Blend on high, until frothy and completely smooth. Pour into glasses.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut cream, maple syrup, and coconut cream. With electric beaters, whip for about 1 minute, until it resembles whipped cream.
- Either dollop or pipe the Coconut Whip onto the surface of the frappé and a dusting of matcha powder before serving.