Plain toast has gone out of style. First, it was avocado toast. Then, toppings started to get adventurous. There's nothing like creative toast for breakfast, especially with the delicious and colorful toppings that captivate all your senses and make you so indecisive about which one you are going to go for. How about we ditch the bread for a change and we try these delicious and nutritious sweet potato toasts instead? It's so easy to make! Sweet potato is sliced lengthwise and then toasted or cooked in a skillet until slightly crisp on both sides. Top with avocado like a classic avocado toast or go wild and come up with your own dazzling topping!
How to Make Sweet Potato Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sweet Potato Toast:
- 2 Garnet sweet potatoes
- Some coconut oil
- A cutting board
- A sharp knife
- A toaster or a cast iron skillet
For the Toppings:
- Nut or seed butter
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Chia jam
- Wash your sweet potatoes with the skin on.
- Cut them in 1/4-inch slices, lengthwise, and simply place in your toaster and toast until desired crispiness.
- Or, use a cast iron skillet. Heat your skillet for 3 minutes, then brush both sides with coconut oil. Cook the sweet potato slices on both sides until crispy.
- For toppings, use whatever you like, such as nut butter, avocado, banana slices, etc...
- Sweet Potato