Do you like eating French baguettes, but always wondered how to make them? Give this recipe a try to make the perfect French bread.
French Baguettes [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup spring water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups bread mix
- 1/8 cup spelt leaven
- Place everything in the bread machine in the order given.
- Start the multi-sweet-bread shaper program (14)* and wait.
- When the dough is ready the machine plays a sound, meaning it’s your time.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface.
- Coat your hands with olive oil, take the dough and divide it to 4 lumps with a knife.
- Roll the dough with your hands shaping it into a baguette.
- If you want to add something (like cheese) flatten each dough lump, place the cheese and roll into a baguette.
- Place your creation in the baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Put the baking tray back in the machine and press the start button.
- When the program ends, bake for another 10 minutes and enjoy your baguettes!
The first time I made the baguettes I used the multi-bread shaper program (13 if you have a Philips bread maker), but the baking process is too long with it, I believe 60 minutes or so and the bread became too crispy. Since then I use the sweet-bread program (14), the baking time is 35 minutes and it needs additional 10 minutes for a perfect baguette.