Do you like eating French baguettes, but always wondered how to make them? Give this recipe a try to make the perfect French bread.
French Baguettes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for French Baguettes [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup spring water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups bread mix
- 1/8 cup spelt leaven
How to Prepare French Baguettes [Vegan]
- Place everything in the bread machine in the order given.
- Start the multi-sweet-bread shaper program (14)* and wait.
- When the dough is ready the machine plays a sound, meaning it’s your time.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface.
- Coat your hands with olive oil, take the dough and divide it to 4 lumps with a knife.
- Roll the dough with your hands shaping it into a baguette.
- If you want to add something (like cheese) flatten each dough lump, place the cheese and roll into a baguette.
- Place your creation in the baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Put the baking tray back in the machine and press the start button.
- When the program ends, bake for another 10 minutes and enjoy your baguettes!
The first time I made the baguettes I used the multi-bread shaper program (13 if you have a Philips bread maker), but the baking process is too long with it, I believe 60 minutes or so and the bread became too crispy. Since then I use the sweet-bread program (14), the baking time is 35 minutes and it needs additional 10 minutes for a perfect baguette.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.