Grilled sweet corn sprinkled with cayenne pepper, drizzled with chipotle-spiked sauce and topped with fresh cilantro … it’s one spicy bite! Traditional street corn is served with cotija cheese, a seasonal cheese named after a town in Mexico. Beware, this sauce is hot, hot, hot … so go lightly if you’re not ready for the heat!
Hot n’ Spicy Mexican Street Corn [Vegan]
For the Corn:
- 4 ears of corn
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Drizzle shucked corn with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and a small dash of cayenne pepper.
- Place on a hot grill and rotate a quarter of a turn ever 2-3 minutes until corn is tender and has light grill marks, around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place mayo, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and lime juice in a food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Drizzle hot corn with chipotle mayo and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.