Grilled sweet corn sprinkled with cayenne pepper, drizzled with chipotle-spiked sauce and topped with fresh cilantro … it’s one spicy bite! Traditional street corn is served with cotija cheese, a seasonal cheese named after a town in Mexico. Beware, this sauce is hot, hot, hot … so go lightly if you’re not ready for the heat!
Hot n’ Spicy Mexican Street Corn [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hot n’ Spicy Mexican Street Corn [Vegan]
For the Corn:
- 4 ears of corn
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
How to Prepare Hot n’ Spicy Mexican Street Corn [Vegan]
- Drizzle shucked corn with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and a small dash of cayenne pepper.
- Place on a hot grill and rotate a quarter of a turn ever 2-3 minutes until corn is tender and has light grill marks, around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place mayo, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and lime juice in a food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Drizzle hot corn with chipotle mayo and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 677 | Total Carbs: 177 g | Total Fat: 22 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 986 g | Total Sugar: 38 g Calculation not including olive oil or salt.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.