Warm and cozy hot chocolate pairs beautifully with fortifying herbs for the ultimate fall cocoa drink!
Hot Chocolate With Maca and Tonic Herbs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hot Chocolate With Maca and Tonic Herbs [Vegan]
- 8-oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or stevia to taste (a little goes a long way)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch chili powder
- 1 dropper reishi extract (we make our own from wild-harvested reishi, but you can purchase from a company like Dragon Herbs)
- 1 capsule each Rhodiola and holy basil (I like Gaiam herbs for the flavor and potency. Open the capsules into the drink before serving)
- 2-4 Dandies vegan marshmallows to garnish each cup (optional)
How to Prepare Hot Chocolate With Maca and Tonic Herbs [Vegan]
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and heat in a saucepan before serving.
- You can store the blended drink in your refrigerator and heat it as desired. It will keep nicely for a week or two. It is also delicious iced or as a base for a smoothie with a banana or two!
- Because there is caffeine in the chocolate and maca is a very energizing substance, I do not recommend drinking this late at night.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 262 | Total Carbs: 55g | Total Fat: 4g | Total Protein: 2g | Total Sodium: 62mg | Total Sugar: 43gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.