Warm and cozy hot chocolate pairs beautiful with fortifying herbs for the ultimate fall cocoa drink!
Hot Chocolate With Maca and Tonic Herbs [Vegan]
- 8-ounces unsweetened coconut milk (we use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or stevia to taste (a little goes a long way)
- 1 Tablespoon maca powder
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch chili powder
- 1 dropper reishi extract (we make our own from wild harvested reishi, but you can purchase from a company like Dragon Herbs)
- 1 capsule each rhodiola and holy basil (I like Gaiam herbs for the flavor and potency. Open the capsules into the drink before serving)
- 2-4 Dandies vegan marshmallows to garnish each cup (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and heat in a saucepan before serving.
- You can store the blended drink in your refrigerator and heat it as desired. It will keep nicely for a week or two. It is also delicious iced or as a base for a smoothie with a banana or two!
- Because there is caffeine in the chocolate and maca is a very energizing substance, I do not recommend drinking this late at night.